Monday, February 1, 2010

Testing the waters...

Hello friends! It's been awhile since I have written anything on the caringbridge site, and I wanted to have a way for everyone to keep up with how Grace and I are doing (if you want to!).  So, here we are! 



It is so sweet to remember the good times, even after the diagnosis, and reflect on all that we had.

Although it took quite awhile to get back into the swing of things, getting back to "our normal" has been a nice escape.  I have started back to school, and Grace is doing well transitioning from neither Chris nor I being home at all, to it just being me.  We do have rough days, as expected, although they are getting fewer and further between.  I am excited about sharing our lives with you, as each of you mean so much to me! 

A dear friend sent me this quote after she lost her father.  It is a great explination of grief, and I think of it often.

"A wise man once told me grief is not constant. If it were, it would kill you. Living through grief, he explained, is like standing at the edge of the sea, your back to the water. The tamer waves lap at your feet, lulling you into a false sense of peace. Then along comes a big wave that knocks you right over. That's how grief is. Sometimes ferocious, sometimes not. Never on schedule. Then one day you walk out of the water to dry land."


...waiting to walk on dry land...

~Emily~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with all of us. I hope that you and Gracie are holding up and doing well. I'd love to see Gracie one day. Sending lots of love and prayers across the miles ~ Addie Hickman